Weight Loss Resolution
5 New Year’s Resolutions for Weight Loss
2017; New Year, New Me. We have all either said this or heard it being said at some point this holiday season. ‘2017 is going to be SO much better than 2016!’ Setting New Year’s resolutions is a tradition from the Great Depression era. Long followed by Western and Eastern Hemispheres, forming resolutions is a great way to set goals for the upcoming year.
With so many people setting New Year’s resolutions, surprisingly, only 8% of people achieve their New Year’s resolutions. Setting unrealistic goals, and losing track of your focus are the biggest downfalls to setting New Year’s resolutions. Health and fitness goals are the most common resolutions made by Americans. At Dallas Bariatric Center, we support surgical procedures as a means necessary to receive results from New Year’s weight loss. People that do not have the right mentality fail a large portion of New Year’s resolutions involving weight loss and fitness.
Our Five New Year’s Resolutions:
- 1. Improve Daily Nutrition – changing our diet to focus on more fruits and vegetables will ensure success after a bariatric procedure.
- 2. Exercise & Be Active Daily – walk further & hit the gym longer.
- 3. Further Education> – learning more about what our bodies need to be healthy and active. Improving fitness knowledge and what goes on in the body. Knowing the ins and outs of a bariatric surgery.
- 4. Grow Self Image – knowing that we are doing the best we can for our bodies in the health and wellness departments makes us feel good.
- 5. Enjoy Mental Well-Being – thinking positively, laughing, and engaging in emotions. Including talking about the nerves on the risks and changes of bariatric surgery.
Weight Loss Support from Dallas Bariatric Center
Creating fitness resolutions with a team of people will boost your success rate for meeting your New Year’s health and fitness goals. A weight loss resolution has an increased chance of being followed through with if the person has a support system that can encourage. We love to include our family and friends in our resolutions, as they are exciting to share and typically someone you know has similar goals.
At Dallas Bariatric Center, we encourage patients to share their resolutions with their health care professional and consider surgery as an option to get results. Shedding pounds will be a yearlong resolution. Start with one change for 2017. A bariatric procedure can lead to an exciting year of challenges and goals.
Set yourself a monthly goal to change one habit in your health and fitness regime and see how you feel at the end of the month. Next month may be a different goal or a deeper sense of the original goal. Resolutions are meant to be worked on, tweaked, learned from, and changed. How you go about your resolutions will depend on your mental and physical strength, you can do it! Remember 2017 is going to be SO much better. Happy New Year!