Dr. Jayaseelan grew up in Lubbock, Texas. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Texas Tech University. After a short career as a systems engineer he went to medical school at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center.
He obtained Honors in Surgical Research for a study on shock under Dr. Tom Shires.
Dr. Jay then completed his General Surgery Residency at Oregon Health Sciences University. He has been trained by Dr. Don Trunkey (world famous trauma surgeon), Dr. Lee Swanstrom (President of SAGES, a laparoscopic society), and Dr. John Porter (editor of the Yearbook of Vascular Surgery.
Currently, Dr. Jay is a busy general and bariatric surgeon at Medical City Dallas. He is one of the most experienced out patient lap band surgeons in the nation. He has performed over 1500 lap band operations.
Selected one of D Magazine's Best Doctors in Dallas 2005.
- Surgeon - Medical City Hospital, Dallas, TX, 1999-present
- Systems Engineer, General Dynamics, Fort Worth, TX, 1986-1989
License and Certification
- Advanced Bariatric Course, American Society of Bariatric Surgeons( June 2004)
- Minimally Invasive Bariatric Surgery Symposium, University of Pittsburgh CME (February 2004)
- ASBS Boston meeting – Advanced Bariatric Surgery course (June 2003)
- Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery Course/Lab PIMIT (2001,2002,2003)
- Lap Band Course, Chicago(December 2002)
- ASBS Las Vegas meeting – Essentials of Bariatric Surgery course (June 2003)
- Continuing Education Symposium Lap-Band System Workshop, Orlando, FL (June 2005)
- Advanced Training Program Lap-Band System Advanced Course, San Francisco, CA (October 2005)
- Texas Medical License
- Oregon Medical License
- Board Certified, American Board of Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Bariatric Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society